Friday, January 14

New Year, New Beginning!

Well, it's that time again I guess...New Year, everyone wants a fresh start and all that.  Lucky for me, I have got one, having joined a new firm (I am new, not the firm...!) with a great team and tons of admin support, meaning I can spend time checking the law (yes we do that sometimes) and even seeing clients, instead of filling forms in and fielding accounts requests.  In fact I'm really looking forward to it.

The downside is of course, that if you do any work in Wills and probate, you will be aware (in fact you will be aware anyway) that this a kinda depressing time of the year in law - the elderly pass away during the colder snaps and after Christmas there is a statistically proven rise in divorce instructions to solicitors.  Whilst the cynics amongst us would see this as good for business, it's actually not very nice dealing with other people's heartache all day, even if it is what you are paid for.  It is, however, rewarding knowing you have helped someone through a rough time.

Onwards and upwards as they say!  The few estate agents I have had time to speak to so far this year have been pretty upbeat - people are putting their houses on the market in much higher numbers than November and December, which I put down to a combination of "new year enthusiasm" and the rotten end we had last year after all the spending cuts were announced.  It might be a tough year, but at least things are moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment